Program Officer – CAMELIA
General Position Summary
The Program Officer will support the CAMELIA Program Manager to ensure 300 women entrepreneurs increase their knowledge of financial literacy, open a new savings account, access to loans, and use of digital payment transactions. He will lead program planning, implementation, and monitoring in each program work area and work closely with district government agencies, the private sector, communities, and CAMELIA partners.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Support the CAMELIA Program Manager to ensure at least 300 women entrepreneurs participate in a series of CAMELIA program activities such as training, mentoring, webinars, and participants' access to financial institutions.
- Prepare plans, monthly work targets, and provide monthly achievement reports against targets and work plans.
- Supervise program facilitators who provide training and mentoring to participants both online and offline. And ensure that the facilitators conduct the activity according to the program deliverables.
- Work with the Training & Mentoring Officer to design a capacity-building plan (training, workshop, comparative study, etc.) and ensure field activities (training, mentoring, outreach events, etc.) to achieve program deliverables indicators.
- Collaborate with Financial Services and Business Development Officers to increase women entrepreneurs' access to financial literacy, increase saving behavior, access to business loans, digital payment services, and increase business development literacy to achieve program deliverables indicators.
- Work with Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Officers to ensure data availability for monitoring, evaluation, and program learning reports.
- University degree in Economics, Business, Social Sciences, Agriculture, or a related field.
- Experience of more than 2 years working in development programs emphasizing economic development in rural areas (experience in training and mentoring programs for women entrepreneurs or financial literacy will be an advantage).
- Experience in mobilizing entrepreneurs, conducting economic research, assessments, and surveys.
- Experience in conducting training to entrepreneurs on saving practices (sources and content of the training will be provided by Mercy Corps).
- Experience using digital data collection tools to monitor the progress of beneficiary entrepreneurs.
- Moderate English and have the ability to communicate in the local language at the participants location.
- Experience working with local government agencies (particularly the Ministry of Cooperatives and SMEs, Ministry of Trade, and District Governments) and the private sector.
- Computer skills with strong familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities we serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesua is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
How to Apply
Please send your CV together with the form on this link with the subject: “PO_CAMELIA_Your Name” to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The vacancy will be closed on 10 September 2021 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia