Partnership and community engagement officer - MicroMentor
General Position Summary
Under the leadership of the Program Coordinator, The Partnership and Community Engagement Officer will be responsible for creating partnerships with potential partners, supporting the engagement between MicroMentor Indonesia and the existing partners, and maintaining the community engagement of each partner. S/he will lead the partnership and community engagement of MicroMentor Indonesia from various sectors including, governments, private sectors, universities, and entrepreneurship community/associations. S/he will also monitor partnership program activities and indicator tracking to achieve the partnership goals/targets in close collaboration with the other team members and support the program report development.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Proactively engage in outreach to and follow up with strategic relationships, networks, and partner.
- Builds relationships with potential partners to understand their challenges and opportunities and how MicroMentor Indonesia can help address them.
- Lead creation and implementation of partner and its community development and engagement plans, including identifying key stakeholders to engage and developing outreach strategies.
- Lead creation of partnership maintenance and reporting strategies with other teams to support local strategic, community relations, external influencing, and programmatic needs, ensuring integration of partnership and community relations strategies across programs and strategies.
- Nurtures genuine and productive relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Create tools, presentations, and templates to support community outreach and response.
- Lead on key partner engagement, feedback, and collaboration initiatives, and work with program leads on integrating these approaches across programs.
- Support in the program’s reporting requirements, including weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as well as evaluation design and implementation.
- Support on reporting the initiative outcomes to stakeholders such as donors, partners and beneficiaries, among others.
- Proven experience of developing partnerships and managing relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with strong confidence in engaging colleagues and stakeholders to build trust and generate support for goals
- Experience of developing and delivering community engagement activities
- Experience of monitoring, delivering, and evaluating community engagement
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills, with the ability to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- English and Bahasa Indonesia fluency. Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Bahasa Indonesia
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities we serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesua is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
How to Apply
The vacancy will be closed on 10 March 2022 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department
Mercy Corps Indonesia