Program Officer - Increasing Immunity Urban Poor Women Through Education And Strengthening Women Support Group
General Position Summary
Program Officer will support the Program Coordinator activities in two kelurahan/two subdistricts in West and North Jakarta municipalities to reach 12,400 urban poor women and family members in/around origin communities through self-care education, hygiene and supplementation, to prevent further transmission of COVID-19. In addition, s/he will work with the training and mentoring officer to conduct Training of Trainers for at least 100 midwives and 500 health cadres, and deliver training and mentoring (through offline and online channels) on self-care education for 3,100 urban poor women.
The position is based in Jakarta and requires up to 60 % travel to program locations (depend on COVID-19 development).
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Support the Program Coordinator to ensure the program will improve at least 12,400 urban poor women and family awareness, understanding and knowledge about Nutrition and Self-care to manage the family’s health and COVID-19 risk prevention;
- Support the Program Coordinator to ensure the program will train 100 midwives and 500 health cadres to deliver training and mentoring on self-care education for 3,100 urban poor women;
- Develop criteria to identify the program participants who will receive messages on Nutrition and Self-care to manage the family’s health and COVID-19 risk prevention;
- Based on assessments, develop program workplan with the program team to improve awareness, understanding and knowledge about Nutrition and Self-care to manage the family’s health and COVID-19 risk prevention of 3,100 urban poor women and strengthening women support groups for Self-Care Capability building;
- With the program team, develop monthly workplan and target and provide monthly progress against the target and workplan;
- Support Program Coordinator to develop partnership agreements with local government and women support groups based on assessment results;
- Ensure the data needed for program monitoring, evaluation, learning and report are available;
- Attend coordination meetings and maintain regular contact with relevant stakeholder;
- Conduct travel to project locations to monitor quality of implementation, and adjust plans and approaches to meet the project objective;
- Support Program Coordinator to prepare final report.
- University degree in Economic, Social Studies, Urban Studies, Public Health or related fields;
- 3+ years’ experience working as a program officer in development programs. Experience in design and implementing the program on COVID-19 prevention and healthy safe care and nutrition would be an advantage;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with NGOs and Local Government Agencies in Emergency, Recovery and Livelihood Programs;
- Proven experience working with local communities and women support groups;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Good knowledge of MS Office software such as Excel, Word, and Access;
- Able to write and understandable spoken English are preferred.
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities we serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesua is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
How to Apply
The vacancy will be closed on 27 April 2021 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia