Program Assistant - Covid19 Recovery For Small And Micro Businesses
General Position Summary
The Program Assistant will report to the Program Coordinator but will also be closely supporting the work and activities of the Training and Mentoring Officer, MEL Officer and Financial Services and Business Development Program Officer. The Program Assistant will carry out administrative, finance and procurement tasks, as well as, translating and documenting letters, training modules, field reports, meeting minutes, beneficiaries counting and filing.
The position is 100% based in Malang Raya, East Java Province and it requires up to 8% travel to program locations area.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Support the Program in organizing all logistics for program-related meetings, workshops, trainings, and or mentoring. This is includes identifying venues for training and accommodation, materials, arranging snacks and meals, managing consultants’ contract, and other activities based on the program’s plan and guidance;
- Maintain the program filing and documentation system, including maps, photos documentation/ management and media monitoring files, minutes of meeting, field documents/ assessment, training materials/ modules, contracts, agreements and other administrative/ logistics documents in coordination with the Program Manager/ Training and Mentoring Officer/ MEL Officer/ Financial Services and Business Development Program Officer. Collect and catalogue program resource materials;
- Support the Program Coordinator to prepare reports as required by the funder;
- On an as-needed basis, translate training materials/ modules and documents or provide oral translations from Bahasa Indonesia to English and vice versa for the program team and visitors.
- Support the program team in handling and following up the procurement needs, in accordance with the Field Procurement Policies and Procedures (FP3);
- Assist team members, guests and consultants in all administrative matters such as vehicle use, accommodations, and others, in coordination with the Operations Team.
- University degree, preferable in social sciences, economics, rural development;
- 1+ years experience working in development programs with emphasis on economic development in rural setting (experience in training and mentoring programs for entrepreneurs or financial literacy would be an advantage);
- Experience in administrative/ secretarial tasks is a plus;
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
- Computers skills with strong familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Very good understanding in English and Bahasa Indonesia verbal and written communication skills.
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities we serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesua is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
How to Apply
The vacancy will be closed on 27 April 2021 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia